Sunday, April 18, 2010

Wow, its already April!

I've decided that this blog is much more a personal journal of events rather than an attempt to keep family and friends updated on our lives.  (especially since I don't find our lives to be all that interesting to read about).

Updates...

October 2009 ~ the family and I participated in the Memory Walk in HB in memory of my grandmother.  A beautiful day for a beautiful cause.



The family got together a few weeks later to lay my grandparents' ashes to rest at sea.  It was a gorgeous day and we were so blessed for the time with our family.  It was a day that I will always cherish.




It has been a tradition to carve pumpkins with my sisters on halloween.  So here are our pumpkins (Note: John used a dremel to carve his Jack Skeleton)







November 2009 ~ It has become a tradition for Brandon and I to cook Thanksgiving dinner, so once again we put together a yummy feast.  This year's menu included Turducken and Tofurkey.
 


December 2009 ~ As I'm sure is the case for many people, December was a busy month... and sadly there aren't any pictures (not sure how that happened).  John's mom came down for a visit and we all had a great time.  I think she really enjoyed our Moore Christmas party, which seems to keep growing every year. We had a wonderful Christmas and a fun NYE with friends!!


Now for 2010

January 2010 ~ For Jaclyn's birthday I took her and a few friends to LA for the weekend.  It was fun to be around young girls and all their middle school drama.  Also, I don't remember it taking us girls that long to get ready when we were that age :)  I was awesome to have some special time with Jaclyn and hopefully she'll always remember our trip.  We went to the Griffith Observatory, hung out at Hollywood and Highlands, walked around Japantown and Olvera Street, and finished the trip at Diddy Reese.


 


Easter 2010 ~ Easter is one of my favorite holidays.  It is a time to reflect and to start fresh with life.  It is a time to spiritual reconnect and to figure out where I'm going.  This year was even more special.  John and a friend from our church group were baptized during the Easter service.  The pics below are almost like a Where's Waldo, but look for John near the center of the pic.





Other updates for 2010 ~  John is back in school at UCI and still working at Verizon.  I'm also in school, back to serving, and also have an internship.  Needless to say our life is crazy once again.  We are trying to spend as much quality time together and are looking forward to fun-filled summer.  John has been training for his ironman race which will be up in Sonoma in July.  We should have lots of fun pictures from that trip!

Last update...
Last year I started a little garden on our balcony.  I planted rosemary, basil, parsley, tomatoes, and peppers.  This is what the plant looked like last year:


~ The tomato plant had to be thrown out.  It was attracting too many bugs that were attacking the other plants. 
~ The pepper plant is still doing well although last year we only had a few peppers.  This year it looks like we may get quite a few more. 
~ The rosemary has been hanging in there, but growth has stunted.  I gave it some food, so maybe we'll see it grow a little this summer.
~ Parsley has been growing like weeds.  Unfortunately we don't use parsley all that much, but I've started to dry it, so we shouldn't need any for a long time :)
~ The basil plant has been hanging on, but the leaves were so small and not very green so I decided to pull it.  I'm hoping to plant a new one in the next few weeks.


So here are a few new pics of my little garden.  I've added cilantro and mint to the mix and gave all the plants some fresh soil and food:





1 comment:

Lauren Davis said...

Good "catch-all" recap. Love the pics :) Keep it up Missy...